Monday, March 26, 2007

Nectar!



So another Qanimaliqpunga has come and gone, and with it went the last vestiges of anything that might reasonably be referred to as "dignity."

Schnarsky finished first just before 6pm, ending with a Brandy Alexander and a Grasshopper, which is the Q'punga version of what the NFL calls "Excessive Celebration." You may spike the ball, you may dance the Dirty Bird, you may leap into the stands; one needen't do all three.

Your author finished just before 7pm, and Al finished shortly thereafter. As of this writing, I am uncertain as to whether Mick finished.

As we are still in the rescue and recovery phase of post-Q'punga operations, I will hold off on the official recap until all bodies have been found and identified, or until I find my notes, whichever happens first.

Useful Phrases

As I'm unable to find the Inukituk phrasebook I used at this time last year, I will instead offer some phrases from Inupiaq -- a separate but related language used by native Alaskans. You'll find these phrases and related audio cues here. Note also that the Inuit and other native languages often require special fonts to reproduce, so the terms below may not be 100% accurate. Your transliteration may vary.

Piksrablafatuq qapsitaamik/sukamik? May I have some sugar?
Ixuga savalbuitchuq. I have indigestion.
Arii nakasuga! My bladder hurts!
Tifuga nakuufitchuq. My liver is not well.
Qanuq sumun ixikpan nufieeiaqpa? When does it end?

Coming Soon: Q'Punga recaps, 2007 Qpungie Awards, the 50-State Slammers, and plans for 2008.

No comments: