Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Qanimaliqpunga 2008

Qanimaliqpunga IV has been scheduled for the weekend of February 29th through March 2nd, 2008.

------

For those of you who plan to attend, and those of you who will wisely avoid it, Qanimaliqpunga IV is set to begin at 5:30pm on Friday, February 29th and continue through the wee hours on Sunday.

Al, Mick, and I should organize a planning session shortly to draft this year's menu; Mike Schnarsky has voting rights based on last year's finish. Part of the planning will involve giving Hooligan's fair warning.

I hope that Robin will once again volunteer to be our recording secretary. We could also use pictures -- or hastily drawn napkin cartoons -- if someone's willilng to document.

I'll also remind you of this very neglected blog. Feel free to contribute!

In previous years, it has been my mission to try to grow the Qanimaliqpunga tradition, but since having kids, I've warmed towards my fellow man and I now want to repair civilization rather than destroy it. Therefore, for the good of humankind, I now feel that as many people stay away from this tradition as possible. In literary terms, Qanimaliqpunga is a horrid annual attack by slow-moving, sugar-addled zombies. Warn your friends and neighbors.

Qanimaliqpunga is also quite expensive. So do your taxes early.

On a positive note, however, I think we all agreed to retire the Mai Tai.

No comments: