Sunday, April 1, 2007

Qanimaliqpunga 2007: Nobody Barfed!

It has now been a full week since Qanimaliqpunga 2007 came to its end, which means the statute of limitations* is up on both hangovers and any claim of psychological distress. Here's some snapshots of the event:

Mick (regarding the Mai Tai): "I literally gagged on my first sip. I had to choke it back."
Brian (regarding the Hawaiian): "I just had a Mick." The Hawaiian, I should point out, combines pineapple juice with sour mix.

Sex on the Beach, much like actual sex on the beach, starts out seeming like a good idea but is rather awkward and ends too quickly. I had a Sex on the Beach as my sixth drink on Friday night, and spent the rest of the night picking sand out of my crotch. My tears were due to my vulnerability.

Unknown woman at the next table, pointing to the doodles next to the French Lemonade (#18) on my scorecard: "You liked that one. Look, you drew a heart..." Me: "That's one of those valentine hearts with phrases on them. It says 'U SUK.'"

The 2007 Q'Pungie Awards

Winners: Audrey and Kirsten, who once again had nothing to do with the entire weekend.

Sergeant-at-Arm's Length and Grand Marshall High Muckety-Muck: Robin, who supervised the entire event, keeping the emergency first aid kit of adrenalin and pork sausage at the ready, and at least having the intention of being designated driver. Robin is also our Resident Archivist.

The Scooter Libby Step-Into-the-Pitch Award: Unmarried but Anonymous, who decided not to sleep with our server because he didn't want to risk having to give up the bar. She wasn't asking, but it's important to have contingency plans nonetheless.

The Jim Jones "It's Only a Little Kool-Aid" Award: Our spectators -- Tom, Dylan & Melissa, Joel & Erin, Jane & Susan, Matt & Amy, Doomer, John, Ken, and Chris. Really, friends, the water's fine.

Friends and Fellow Travellers, please post your memories of Q'Punga 07!

** Note that this not a "statue" of limitations. When the founders of Qanimaliqpunga are given their full federal due, some years hence, its entirely possible that a grateful nation will erect a "statue of limitations."

No comments: