Wednesday, April 4, 2007

Cocktail of the Week

While not a cocktail in the traditional sense, our first of April concoction does qualify as a pharmaceutical cocktail...



Keith Richards' Dad

The Q'punga Cocktail of the Week for
April 1- April 7 , 2007!


In comments from this week, Keith Richards claimed to have mixed some of his father's ashes with cocaine and then snorted them. Said Keef: "He was cremated and I couldn't resist grinding him up with a little bit of blow. My dad wouldn't have cared ... It went down pretty well, and I'm still alive." That Keith Richards is one crazy zombie-pirate, I tell you what.

I guess I have been wondering what he's been up to since the Rolling Stones broke up back in 1982, after Tattoo You. (Or should have.)

At any rate, here's how to make a Keith Richards' Dad:

  1. Obtain some cocaine. I honestly have no idea how you would do this. If you know any investment bankers or theme park carnies or Richard Dawson, I would start there.
  2. Find the urn containing the remaining, um, remains of Keith Richards' dad. In this case, I would look either in the galley of Keith's fantasy pirate airship or possibly somewhere within Anita Pallenberg.
  3. Mix the cocaine with the residue that once was Bert Richards.
  4. Snort?

In the same AP news article, Keef calls himself "lucky." He says -- presumably though some sort of Richards to English interpreter -- "I was No. 1 on the `who's likely to die' list for 10 years. I mean, I was really disappointed when I fell off the list." That wasn't a list you fell out of, Keef, it was a f*cking coconut tree.

For those who'd like to see what Keith Richards looks like today, pull up some of the pictures of "sour toes" and imagine them wearing a vest.

Here's a list of people whose fathers might be smokeable:

  • Rae Dawn Chong (daughter of Tommy)
  • Stella McCartney (daughter of Paul)
  • Sean Lennon (son of John)
  • Clyde Burroughs (son of William S.)
  • Kenny S. Thompson (son of Hunter S.)
  • Trip Leary (son of Timothy)
  • Sherry Garcia (daughter of Jerry)
  • Carmine Dawson (son of Richard)

Further Resources:

No comments: